At Chepstow School as well as music and creative clubs, we encourage students to take part in the 5x60 Sport Wales initiative to get everyone active for 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week! Extra-curricular activity is provided to pupils from years 7-11 in a whole range of activities based on the pupils voice.
5x60 provides schools with the opportunity to:
- Listen to the needs of young people by providing opportunities that they would like to participate in
- Be fully inclusive for all young people
By getting involved in the 5x60 programme, young people will:
- Have ownership of the opportunities that they have selected
- Enjoy activity
- Help deliver and organise the activities
- Participate in lifelong activity in whatever form they enjoy.
If you would like to learn more about Monmouthshire Sports Development please click on this link: http://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/home/explore-and-enjoy/leisure/sports-development